Thursday, May 14, 2009

8 Things

My sweet friend, Becca, tagged me today on her blog, so please enjoy learning the following about Jackie D.

8 Things I'm looking forward to...
* Seeing God's plan for our family unfold in greater detail. He always reveals more than anticipated!
* Jogging on Sunday
* Seeing how much I save on my next grocery trip!
* Having our garage nice and neat once the donations are picked up on Saturday
* Having another baby someday (We are not pregnant though. Otherwise, I would be blogging all about baby news.)
* Cooler weather in the fall
* Going out for a date with Mike this Saturday
* Seeing God's hand in the little things

8 Things I did Yesterday...
* Got warm fuzzies in my stomach after Mike shared his perspective on my life with Christ.
* Listened to the BEST Podcasts by Charles Stanley and Joyce Meyer, as I learned about meditating on God's Word and running to "The Throne" instead of my phone.
* Read board books to Brody, while searching for "trees," "elephants," and "giraffes."
* Started planning my trip to the 3-week trip to the grocery.
* Called my mom. LOVE her!
* Read the end of Ezra...I thought Ezra was a woman, so I chose that book in the Bible to read...Turns out Ezra is a man.
* Made a surprisingly yummy ravioli dinner...Never knew a pre-made meal could be so tasty!
* Sat with Mike and watched Brody show us all he can do. Brody LOVED being the center of attention.

8 Things I wish I could do...
* Serve others and God more
* Memorize more Scripture
* Be a horse jockey
* Play the drums
* Eat a bagel every day
* Jog/go on a walk with Brody every day
* Use my cell. phone without any minutes being used
* Sleep in

8 Things I wouldn't want to live without...
* My Bible
* Jesus Christ
* Mike
* Brody
* My girlfriends
* Our church
* Coffee
* Our iPod (So versatile!)

8 Shows I enjoy...
* The Hills (I realize I am almost 30, but hey...love that show!)
* The Real Housewives of Orange County, New York, and yes, even Atlanta
* Greek
* Flipping out
* Friends
* The Today Show
* 30 Rock
* The Office

8 Friends I am tagging...
* Kerry
* Meghan
* Jean
* Michelle
* Mario
* Stephanie
* Vennette (Let's get a blog going for you!)
* Lindy (You too!)

2 comments:

Becca said...

So impressed to see that you're looking forward to seeing how much money you can save this week!!!
Love you girl!

The Parke Family said...

You crack me up - I love that you wish you could be a horse jockey!

Miss you and we need to get together soon!!!

Give our love to all...