Thursday, May 7, 2009

Smile! :)

This is hilarious! The other day, I listened to a message from Joel O'Steen on my iPod while on a walk with Brody and Sassy. Joel talked a great deal about smiling through difficult circumstances. I recently found out that I lost my job as a curriculum writer due to the reevaluation of the budget for the schools that have hired me, so this was a great message reminding me to keep gladness in my heart and on my face. God is in control and on the thrown! Another speaker I heard recently said to look for God's presence in the little things, reminding us that He is alive and actively working to help us.

Once I got home, I decided to enjoy one of my very favorite snacks...fruit cocktail! I opened a can of my fruit cocktail, emptied it into a glass, and started eating my yummy treat. Here is the hilarious part...I looked down and saw a grape smiling back at me! You think I am kidding? HA! Here is the little grape's joyful expression!



I think I laughed from the inside out when I saw my little friend...and how lucky he was not to have been eaten up before I noticed him. It was a great way to be reminded again of the message of staying fixed on God through all challenges. This may have been small, but it was surely big enough for me to reflect on.

Oh...One more thing. A funny joke I heard long ago was brought to memory when I found my grape: "What happens when you sit on a grape?" "It gives out a little wine!?!" HA! So true though...Our smiles need to be reflecting the joy in our hearts, not allowing life or circumstances to squish us and result in our whining! LOVE it!

No comments: