When I was growing up, I was remarkably blessed to have Lindy as my best friend. I was also blessed to have Lindy's mom, Juli, as a wonderful blessing. Throughout the years, Juli has turned into a personal friend of mine. I adore spending time drinking coffee in her kitchen, soaking in the joy and calm that fills her home. I always feel so happy and encouraged in my faith when I am hanging out with Juli, just sitting and talking. When Lindy is at her parent's house at the same time I am there, it feels like old times...except that we now have kiddos of our own. :) A few months ago, Juli was diagnosed with breast cancer and just completed her chemo treatments. We have all been praying for her and are rejoicing this day for all that the Lord has done in bringing her through her journey. This week, Brody and I headed over to see Juli, to enjoy talking and drinking some good ol' Juli coffee! We had a blast! I must acknowledge too that Jesus Christ shines brightly in all she expresses. She loves God so very much! It was especially evident talking to her this week, as one of her best friends, Charlie, passed away on Monday. As sad as she and her family is, she so strongly is relying on God and His Word. Listening to her read her devotional in the kitchen just lit up my heart. God's Word is such a source of strength for her!!! Below is a photo I have had in my camera for about two months...A bit old, but absolutely needing to be posted. Juli is doing great today! Lots of love to you, Juli!!!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment