Friday, November 14, 2008

Throwing Up - Problem Solved

Just as I published my posts earlier today, Brody began throwing up. The poor little guy threw up in his crib and twice on me - It was even the projectile type. I was convinced that Brody had the flu, and I called our pediatrician and went in right away. How relieved we were to find out that he does not have the flu. However, we found out Brody has an intolerance to milk, which is most likely temporary. Since weaning Brody, he has been drinking whole milk during one feeding time. It seems that he is not ready for the whole milk though, so the whole weaning process may take a tad longer. I am more than happy to be patient with it. In fact, I am a little happy to know we need more time. Funny how I was feeling worried about weaning and now thrilled that we need not push Brody before he is ready. As a side note, it was especially nice to hear from our pediatrician that his daughter at 14 months had the exact same problem, and by 15 1/2 months was fine with milk. God absolutely blessed us with a prompt appointment within a few hours of Brody throwing up and with a super doctor who showed wonderful kindness and empathy. Brody is now fast asleep in his little crib. Today was a good day!

1 comment:

The Prices said...

Could the milk have been why he was up the other night and off schedule a bit? Funny how it all works out! I wish I could have solved that one for you but I am glad your Doc figured it out! Yay for not weaning! I weaned AJ at 18 months, there is no rush. You do what you feel is right as a mom, not what you think everyone thinks is right. :)