There are times I have pondered the words, "He is risen." Why do people not say, "He was risen?" I realize now that the tense is present, because Jesus Christ "IS" RISEN and ALIVE!!! So often I focus all of my attention on Christmas, as the birth of Christ is celebrated, and then on Easter with the acknowledgment for Christ dying for our sins, both awesome events of the past - BUT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE...happening NOW! Christ IS risen right now!!! He has triumphed all in His resurrection and is living powerfully right now! He did not come to be my memory. He came to be my every thought. As I grow older, I really need to live in the NOW for Christ, living each moment the best I can for Him! I rejoice in Christ's life, then and now!
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead," I Peter 1:3
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment