

I never thought I would be teaching Brody pre-K from home, and I am SO grateful God has orchestrated my life to do so! I am LOVING this time and am DELIGHTING in the FUN learning adventures we are having!
Here is a sweet thing happening with our read aloud time lately:
Brody and Weston were given the movie, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for Christmas...After we watched it, Brody asked what came next in the story. Just as I began to tell him I don't know, I remembered the sequel to the book that the movie was based. On our next trip to the library, we picked up Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator. Brody loved it each night I read it to him before bed. Since that book was such a hit with Brody, we got James and the Giant Peach, written by the same author. We are finishing the final chapter tonight! I never read these two books as a child. In fact, a LOT of books we read I never read! I am LOVING reading them to Brody and hearing all of his thoughts about what he hears.
Watching movies after reading books has also been especially fun! I love how Brody picks out things that were added, changed, or omitted from the movie-versions of books. I think the BEST thing for me to observe is how Brody compares Bible stories to Bible-based shows...especially VegieTales - Hilarious to hear him compare people in Bible to vegetables!
All of the read aloud time has sure turned into an extra special adventure...for the two of us! Can't wait for the next book!
No comments:
Post a Comment