Thursday, May 15, 2008

"DeeDee's" Surprise Visit!

On Mother's Day, I received the best news...My mom was coming to visit us! She drove over from Big Bear on Tuesday morning. Upon arriving, Brody and I greeted her with great excitement! Yippee for "DeeDee" visiting! We played with Brody and watched American Idol like teenage girls on Tuesday night, which Mike well-endured with grace. Wednesday was a fun day of driving around Scottsdale to see the house I grew up in and picking up some fun things for Brody, like a new Bible songs CD and two super cool Baby Einsteins videos!!! That night, my mom watched Brody as we hung out at the Price's for CPR training and almost an appearance by sweet Anabelle. After talking for literally hours and spending quality time with one another, my mom headed home on Thursday morning. Although I would have loved seeing my dad, I just adored spending time with my mom! There is something remarkable about just being around your mom, especially when you are now a mom.

Thank you, Mom, for all of your mom advice and for taking the time to listen with such kindness to me. Thank you for making me smile and laugh so much!

Dad, we miss you!!! We so appreciate letting us borrow Mom for a few days while you worked, and we cannot wait to see you super soon!

No comments: